Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Dirty Little Secret


To be honest with you, one of the perks of working from home is having the luxury (if you will) of working in bed... in pajama's... in pajama's that I've had on for two days in a row. Today was like that. It was almost noon and I was busy working on the computer (boring marketing stuff.) My hair was a mess and I had last nights mascara smudged under my eyes looking like an NFL linebacker.


The day was getting away from me as I sunk hours into my work. I still had to go grocery shopping and work out, among many other things. I had to do it in that order or they just wouldn't get done. Like I said, time was slipping away. I couldn't justify showering, grocery shopping, working out and then showering again. That is where my "dirty little secret" comes in. Don't say "ewww!" I do not want to hear it. Keep in mind that at this point I am in pj's, my hair is a mess and I have not showered.


Well my friends, nothing hides the funk like a fabulous coat and a cute little hat (my secrets). I just so happen to have both of those items. Brilliant! I washed my face and put on some makeup (that is a no-brainer) and off I went.


I have to say... I fooled people. I giggled on the inside as the construction worker at the market plaza attempted to flirt with me. Most days it would be a "I'm flattered" type giggle, but not today. It was more of a "ha, you sucker! If only you knew my dirty little secret..."


3 comments:

Meri said...

You are one hot mama!! I wish I could borrow some of your "camo" lol!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I must say, you do look quite flirty in that cute little hat and POLKA DOT coat. What did you expect that poor construction worker to do? He was defenseless against your charms, funky hair or not...

Mama Smurf said...

shhh...I have the same dirty little secret!

But you look much cuter in that hat then I do in my baseball cap...I may have to get me one of those! =)