Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Monday, May 26, 2008
Thursday, May 22, 2008
4 things I was doing 10 years ago....
1. In May of 98 I was a senior in highschool so I was getting ready to graduate.
2. Partying like it was 1999 (a little Prince reference for ya)
3. Stressing out because I would be starting college and would then HAVE TO drive myself. (I was scared)
4. Taking advantage of the freedom I had at that point, unaware of all that was to come.
4 things I was doing 5 years ago...
1. Anxiously awaiting my little nephews birth!
2. I was extremely blinded by love
3. Living happily as a business owner - sometime between 10 and 5 years ago I bought an art studio that I absolutely loved.
4. Spending some of the best times of my life with my sister. We shared the same friends and we spent all of our time together. (I miss her now, as we're older and live an hour away from eachother *sniff*sniff*)
4 things I did yesterday...
1. Went to work at the studio (only a few days left, said with nervous anticipation!!)
2. Resisted the urge to indulge in one of the most fabulous cannoli's ever made. The bakery by the studio makes the SECOND best (the world's best are created by noneother than my dear Aunt Phyllis) cannoli's, but I resisted temptation. Oh geez, screw temptation...can somebody PUHLEASE get me a cannoli?! Aunt Phyllis? Bakery? Anyone?
3. Shipped out some orders
4. Played baseball with my nephew....yes, I broke a nail..AND.IT.HURT!
4 shows I like to watch...
1. Las Vegas
2. Anything Food Network
3. Criminal Minds
4. Jon and Kate +8
4 things I love to do...
1. spend quality time with friends and family (it's few and far between living in this hell I call Port Huron.)
3. anything artsy, especially when they are customers orders. Who doesn't want to get paid for doing what they love ;-)
4. getting massages - - pure bliss
I am tagging the following wonderful girls for the meme: Artsy Kelly, Kristin at Life's Small Moments, and Michelle
Monday, May 19, 2008
Friday, May 16, 2008
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
This is the first sight I saw coming off the highway.
I'm like an ambulence chaser....I just HAD to go see where it was coming from. Oh my gosh...It is nuts. There is so much smoke.
There are tons of people out here.
I felt bad snapping pics, but as sad as it is...it is AMAZING to look at, especially up close. Wow!
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Monday, May 12, 2008
Sunday, May 11, 2008
...and then as always, the Polka Dot Dollars are so popular and great! Check them out.
I truly appreciate each one of you that checks out my products and emails me with such positive affirmations!
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Monday, May 5, 2008
Today though it's real. I had a really good day. I got up ridiculously early (thanks Diesel) and I took full advantage of every waking moment. I was up and out of the house by 9am...on my day off. I went to JoAnn's and bought elastic by the roll WITH THE 40% OFF COUPON! Whoo hoo! The cool thing is, they had the coupons right in the store for me, and every other shopper. How cool is that? To you - maybe not so much. But to me, it was the start of an amazing day. From there I went to the mall. First stop - Macys. I have a $100 gift card buring a whole in my purse. Why oh why can I not spend it? I just don't know. Today was no different. I am a MAC girl (the makeup, not the computer) but I used to be a Clinique girl and it was Clinique Bonus Days so I thought I'd go back to my roots and get some Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion and South Beach shadow (as well as the fabulous bonus.) Nope, the Bonus Days ended yesterday. No biggie. I'll wait! And off I went. Next stop, Old Navy. I needed to get this cute little off-the-shoulder tunic that I've had my eye on. What?! Old Navy is GONE! It is no longer in our mall and the closest one is 40 minutes away. Oh well. I'll buy it online. You'd think that after these two wham-o's that I would be a grump. But no, I AM NOT! I go to the Gap (oh Gap how I love you.) I pick up a few necessity's and leave with a smile.
I feel a little silly going on and on, but at this point it is only 11:30am. There is so much more to say. I'll make it quick.....I went tanning. That was for ME. I am adorable pale, but absolutely radiant with a sun-kissed glow. (LOL! No self-esteem problems at the moment.) Don't yell at me about it being "bad for my skin" or a "waste of money." It's the fake stuff AND I bought a six visit package at the end of last summer so I am using that. Thankyouverymuch! ;-) Then I went to the market, bought some groceries, including this delicious mixed berry fresh fruit bowl. MMMMMM!
At home I worked out, completed all but one custom order, took Diesel for a walk and now I am here. Blogging away. J has a ball tournament this week so I was on my own for dinner. So even dinner was just about ME. I made a simply boring, but delicious bowl of Ditalini pasta with low-fat ricotta.
I can't even begin to express how good it feels to accomplish things on my to-do list and think about no one but me just for a moment. If you haven't already jumped on the Moments for Me Monday routine, I strongly encourage you to do so. It doesn't have to be elaborate. Something so silly as ditalini pasta or a new nailpolish, or just realizing that YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL is so good for you. I am content at the moment and that my friends, is a good feeling.