Monday, May 12, 2008

Moments for Me Monday - Week 4



Todays post is inspired by Tammy's post, which was inspired by Heather J. It's all about a runner's high.

Do you know what that is? Have you felt it? I am not going to pretend to be a runner, um, because I hate it...but the more I do it, the more I love it. The more I need it. The more I just have to have it. Not necessarily running, but that feeling (the euphoric, on top of the world, everything is sunny in my world goodness!) That feeling that comes AFTER running. All these runners were inspiring to me. I thought "hmmm...running is awful! Why would anyone run for FUN???" And then I tried it. I can honestly say that it is not the running part. That is a bit strenuous, tedious, and boring for me (not to mention kind of hard after the first mile). But that feeling I have when I am done is like a drug. I walk around for a bit, still sweaty and gross, but I feel.so.good!

With all that being said, I did not run today. It is gloomy out. I am moody. I haven't been moody in awhile, and I just want to be today. OKAY?! I will run tomorrow. I promise. Just knowing that I will have "that feeling" sometime tomorrow is all the excitement I need for today. Ask me tomorrow if I ran. I promise I will! Do something that makes ya happy. For me, for today, it is being moody and knowing that tomorrow will be a better day.


Hugs - "L"

2 comments:

Mama Smurf said...

All right girl! We're running tomorrow! I'm goin in the morning. I'll come back and go straight to your blog to check on you! =)

Happy2bme said...

Its okay to be moody once in a while. Good luck on your run tomorrow.