Monday, February 22, 2010

Every Monday Matters

I love Mondays! I know that many of you do not feel the way I do.  I saw this great little book while perusing a shop with J last weekend.  Yes, our proposal weekend.  Oooh!  Okay, I am done.  Back to the original point of this...  Every Monday Matters!  It can and it does.  Follow me on this little journey (and join in) as I take small steps to make a big difference.
Excerpt taken from the book
FACTS
The average person spends:
  • 100 hours a year commuting to work, compared to 80 hours of vacation time.
  • 91 hours a week at work for dual-career couples with kids under 18.
  • 1.8 hours a day doing household activities.
  • 2.6 hours a day watching TV.
  • 8.6 hours a day sleeping.
Time is a non-renewable resource. Once it’s used up, you can’t get it back.

TAKE ACTION TODAY
  • Stop and think … then make a list of What Matters Most to you.
  • Create a list of how you currently spend your time each week.
  • Organize your list of weekly activities and identify activities that are required and those that are optional or waste time.
  • Take steps to rearrange your schedule or reduce the optional activities so you can spend time doing What Matters Most.
YOU MATTER
What really matters most to you? Your relationships with family, friends, and children? Helping others? Passions? Faith? Security? Health? At the end of each year, don’t you want to look back and see that you made a difference? That you matter? Today is the start of a new year. Start it off by making a difference in you, your life, and the lives of those you love. This is your opportunity. Time spent on What Matters Most is never wasted time.
____________________________________________

My List of What Matters Most

- my relationship with the Lord
- my relationship with J
- my relationship with my family
- my friendships
- my job
- my health

* Create a list of how you currently spend your time each week.
- working and commuting: 45 hours
- exercising: 6 hours
- sleeping: 50 hours
- cleaning: 10 hours
- on the computer: 25 hours
- building relationships: 15 hours

* Organize your list of weekly activities and identify activities that are required and those that are optional or waste time.

I need to devote time to reading my bible and being in devotion with the Lord. This is the most important thing to me, yet I seem to let it slip and slide all over the place. I need to spend less time on the computer. I need to adjust the way I spend my time building relationships.

No comments: